Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Walk with the Past


As I walked down an autumn trail,
My memories of long ago started to unveil.

I can feel his spirit as it walks with me,
He holds my hand and looks into my blue
eyes to see.

If love still lives in my heart for him,
Or has the love light become dim?
He kisses my hand with his masterful lips
so full and sweet a taste of long ago,
Does he think he is still my beau?

He left me when snow covered this land,
My emotion will not march to his band.

I once loved him with all my heart and soul,
To him--- my heart is now a piece of coal.

Only a letter he left me---no kiss, no hug,
Did he think I was his accommodating rug?

To walk upon my loving heart---his unfeeling
foot steps did hurt,
Like his unspoken words---and non-kissable lips
---to treat me like dirt.

And now he thinks his Extra Sensory Perception,
Can be sent in my direction.

I say get off my trail and out of my mind,
Your spirit can fly back into time to one who might
enjoy your insensitivities---you are not my kind.

So this therapeutic walk I have taken,
All hurts and bruises it has awakened,
and in my heart he has been forsaken.

My heart is free to love once more,
To all negativity I shut the door.

I feel the cool breeze playing with my hair,
As I leave the trail without a care.

To go home to my present love,
Sent from the Angels from above.


PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this poem and if it is seen anywhere else on the Internet or in print it was taken without my consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment