Saturday, December 13, 2014

His Whispers Live in My Heart

Stormy evening I walk on the cliff edges overlooking--- the violent briny waves,
I ponder about so many hearts---calling out---from their watery graves.

Poseidon the Greek God of the sea,
I called to him---many times---bring my Darling Pirate back to me.

You do not need him in your salty waters,
Find other pirates for your saline daughters.

His ship is named after me---Dark Lady---solid vessel of beauty,
And dark because I am sad when he leaves me---for his duty.

Time has gone now---past any family we could create,
Forsaking other men---I still wait.

A hopeless dreamer I am told,
Speaks the uncouth but---extremely bold.

His voice has not faded with the years,
Memories of his dark eyes that shined with love--- brings many tears.

My fingers desire to touch---his masterful lips,
That captured mine---so sweetly—my heart now rips.

Imprinted memories of his arms so strong around my soft frame,
My body recalls the feelings---without shame.

When the lightning strikes over the sea at night,
I can see the Dark Lady riding the waves--- until it is daylight.

I beckon Poseidon to send you to me---for I am very ill,
On this turbulent night---I stand and plead from the highest hill.

And through the breakers appears a sail---with a black flag,
Whipping in the storm---it appeared to be just a rag.

The closer it came---I could see the words---Dark Lady,
Could it be My Darling in the moonlight---just maybe?

His whispers from my heart were loud and clear,
I have come for you---my Sweetheart---my Dear.

My spirit left my old body---I no longer needed---lying
on the foam-covered salty rocks,
My spirit is young and beautiful now---minus all time clocks.

Life is worth living now with my Pirate and me,
Happily we sail---the now tranquil---turquoise sea.

I thanked Poseidon when I saw him years later upon his oceans,
He bowed and waved so full of his own emotions.

My Darling Pirate is by my side,
To kiss and hold me, I am his pride.

Never give up I am thinking,
Watch for your lighthouse---it could be blinking,
To let you know a love is coming---it is not winking.
© BEPH 2013 All Rights Reserved

PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this poem and if it is seen anywhere else on the Internet or in print it was taken without my consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment