Saturday, June 29, 2013

His Masterful Lips


 I hold his photo closely so I can see,

A perfect man who belonged to me.


Many times---I stared at---his flawless face,

He was dark and handsome with deep dimples in place.


My soft finger tips traced his full masterful lips,

His lips sent my mind in rotations and with their little nips.


His dimples I filled with kisses,

So long ago my mind reminisces.


Our time eons ago---seemed always in the fall,

Or was it the best of seasons---I can recall.


I remember his blue eyes with lights of green,

He made me feel like a beautiful queen.
                                                                                                     

He braided a crown of purple wildflowers,

I wore them on my head for hours.


Now they are crushed between my Bible’s pages,

I have kept them there---dry and brittle---for ages.


When the fall leaves swirl and flow,

In the cool breezes that blow.


My heart is for a moment sad,

While my mind recalls---what a great love we had.


I still walk through the mountain paths we shared,

And I sit upon the same rock---when your love for me
---you declared.


You loved to feel my face and how soft and smooth
my skin was then,

How you loved my hands and held them tightly---
as if to never let go---again.


So many moonlight kisses---I cannot count,

But I can feel each kiss still---but not the amount.


When you left that day in the early dawn,

We watched a doe feed with her fawn.


And you promised then---leaving meant ---happy returns,

For many years my heart waited---but it finally learns.


You left these mountains alive and well,

And you returned to me in a coffin---just a shell.


Now as I walk slowly to your grave---to sit a spell,

I wish all wars went straight to Hell.


If not the fighting---here you would be,

Sitting with me peacefully under our favorite tree.


But you cannot see or hear me now---anyway,

I will leave the purple wildflowers I brought this day.


Walk slowing into the light my darling---for I will be with you soon,

Then as young lovers we can dance and croon.


Life on earth is just a rehearsal,

It is the spirit world that is universal.


You are waiting for my spirit to rise and greet,

This is a real beginning---when we meet.


Kiss me then my love---and forever more,

It is you that I unashamedly adore.


His masterful lips,

That gave me little nips.


© BEPH 2013 All Rights Reserved

PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this poem and if it is seen anywhere else on
the Internet or in print it was taken without my consent.

Love, Life and Laughter Poems: Click Below:

http://poemsoflovelifeandlaughter.blogspot.com/                     

No comments:

Post a Comment