Thursday, February 14, 2013

Memorizing Experience



Most of us know the type that catches our attention,

Some prefer tall dark and handsome bad boys---a few I could mention.


Whether in High School or college,

He made our hearts palpitate—and

sometimes we giggled---this is common knowledge.


Did yours look like Channing Tatum or Tom Selleck?

Whomever---your heart yearned for--- he was Angelic.


Was it his long legs, his biceps or his eyes that shines with admiration?

Or maybe his lips so full and masterful ---and you tasted them---with great appreciation.


Did he call you after your first date?

Or did you sit by the phone and wait?


Inconsideration has spread through our Nation,

The outbreak is epidemic---no cause for a celebration.


If this sounds like you,

Well---girlfriend this is what I do.


When a guy says---I will call you,

I say---I’m never home to answer---I coo.


So softly I say bye-bye,

I might see you on the fly.


If you want to see me---you will,

Until then fellow---you can just chill.


So many guys--- on campus,

Handsome---not doing tricks like a grampus.


Don’t give them the chance to think you are needy,

Nor, for a relationship---you are greedy.


Just be yourself and have fun,

And when it is over---it is simply done.


This is called experience---we all need it so,

Without it---you might settle for an unlovable beau.


© BEPH  2013 All Rights Reserved



 Wake Me With Your Lips
The Rugged Cowboy










1 comment:

  1. I really liked this Barb. I ended up marrying the man of my dreams :) Tall, dark, handsome and his mother thinks he looks like Tom Selick .... I don't see it but oh well. He did say he'd call after the first date and did. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete